Since the break up (early 2010), Miss Artist and I have been 'dancing' around each other. We both know there is attraction and connection, but neither have made any kind of concrete move to initiate something. As you will read below, this SMS conversation is quite significant!
Of course, for ease of understanding, I have included the subtext - ie. what is not being said!
MA: Yeah, We'll have some fun! (in reference to an event coming up)
PP: You Promise X
MA: Depends on how we define it x
PP: Who needs definitions?? I prefer ambiguity! (Subtext - I make bad decisions and don't know what is good for me)
MA: Oh, I see. Well I can surely offer that. (subtext - because I will never commit to anything anyway)
PP: What else can you offer?
MA: Everything
(Whoa!)
PP: When?
MA: Interesting question.... However impossible to answer at the moment. (subtext - because I will never commit to anything anyway)
PP: Impossible? I'm not familiar with that word. Hopefully you wont miss out on the opportunity while you are pondering the question. (Subtext - I am dating a lovely woman and will not wait around for you to get your act together)
MA: You are right, nothing is impossible, And yes I know.
PP: Tomorrow - after 11am, *gave her my address*
*
*
*
*
<3 days later>
MA: Sorry, went away over weekend and got V busy, but lets continue this conversation at some point. (subtext - because I will never commit to anything anyway)
MA: I mean, when I am less busy, not much point now. (subtext - because I will never commit to anything anyway)
PP: OK, talk to you later (Subtext - Im pissed off at you)
*
*
*
*
<3 days later>
PP: How's your week been? Busy I assume. We should catch up for a drink when things settle for you. (Subtext - I make bad decisions and don't know what is good for me).
MA: Yes and you can tell me which part of 'everything' you hoped to pursue when you invited me to yours.
PP: I'd rather show you.
MA: <No response> (subtext - because I will never commit to anything anyway)
No comments:
Post a Comment