The first date with Miss French was at an Italian Restaurant... (it's almost like a bad joke, "the French girl and the Australian Girl go to the Italian restaurant....) I arrived at the restaurant in Notting Hill, she was about 10 minutes late. Da Amici is one of those cool places run by first generation immigrants so the food tastes authentic and has that hone cooked feel.
My date was a beautiful French woman with black short cropped hair and gorgeous brown eyes. While she wasn't the magazine cover girl Miss PR was, I was more attracted to her than any other date I had been on. She had a lovely smile and came across as quiet but confident. She had a natural warmth which I found very appealing.
We ordered and began chatting, she was an attentive communicator, asking me questions in between responding to my questions. The conversation was nice, I found out she had only just moved to London 4 weeks earlier from Dublin after her marriage breakdown (with a man!!). She had an amazing job as a senior project manager in IT for an international firm and has a large portfolio and loads of staff. I was quite chuffed, she was hot, successful, smart and had a sexy accent.
After our starter I noticed a theme in the conversation. She raised that she only had 2 friends in London four times, after the 4th mention it became apparent that this girl was not after a romantic encounter, but a best mate. She missed her Dublin social network and wanted people to spend time with; she was terribly lonely. I considered my diary and realised I was now scheduling dates 2 weeks in advance, I did not need more Mates.
With a sinking feeling I ordered a coffee after my pasta. I knew this girl was not in dating mode. On paper she was perfect, but in reality she was far from it. I considered the possible 'paths' from this date and was conscious it would very easily fall into 'the friend zone'. Should there be another date, some serious flirting will be on the menu.
No comments:
Post a Comment