Saturday, 23 October 2010

Miss Musical

My date with Miss Musical was organised before the recent events with Miss PR, so I decided to go on the date anyway. Miss Musical and I had been talking for months over the net, and she had seemed very intelligent and creative.

St Paul's Cathedral at night
We arranged to meet at the Giraffe Restaurant at Southbank at 7.30 pm on a Friday night. I arrived at Embankment station at 7.25, and walked across the Charring Cross Bridge. Being later in the year, the evenings are getting dark earlier, the sky was at the lovely twilight stage, still washed lightly with pastel hues of blue and pink. The ambient orange light glow of London was starting to become apparent. I always enjoy the walk across Charring Cross bridge, the view of Southbank is fantastic, and St Paul's Cathedral is ever-present, standing watch over the city I love so much. 

I arrived at Giraffe on time, Miss Musical was already waiting. She looked similar to her picture, although I suspected she had put on a little weight since her profile picture was taken. She was a 33 year old professional woman, also working in Mental Health. She had lovely black curly hair a pretty face complete with a nice smile. She was a bigger girl, probably around a size 18 to 20, but still had a lovely curvy figure and dressed well. 

We decided to go to Giraffe for dinner, so headed in and waited at the bar for a table. Over dinner we talked about our work mostly, we both work in Mental Health so there was considerable cross over and quite a bit to talk about. Dinner was okay, we talked the whole time and had no awkward silences. Following dinner I suggested we walk over to The Retro Bar and have a few more drinks.

The walk was pleasant and the conversation pleasant, but it occurred to me that my attention was largely diverted to Miss PR. I always had been a one-woman-woman, so seeing Miss Musical in a romantic light was unlikely. We had a few drinks each at the Retro Bar, she told me about her interests, she impressed me with her musical talent (she could play piano, clarinet, flute, and violin), and we talked about out mutual interest in art.

I ended the night reasonably early, around 11.30pm, we said good night and gave each other a friendly hug. 

I enjoyed her company, and decided I would like to see her again, but as a friend. A few days later I received a lovely SMS from her saying she'd like to catch up again some time and I agreed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment