Tuesday, 28 September 2010

Ongoing encounters with Miss Artist

Miss Artist has been an ongoing fixture in my life since early this year, in fact if I am being entirely honest her entry into my life and simultaneous breakup with my wife of 7 years wasn't totally coincidental. She is one of those people who is intoxicating and infuriating at the same time. She isn't the prettiest girl on the block but her brain is like a drug to me. I find her energy, passion and creativity sexy and the intense connection I have with her infatuating.

The difficulty is that while she identifies as bi-sexual, when I first met her she was living with her boyfriend of 7 years. The other barrier is that due to her position and how we met (yes I am going to leave it that vague!) we cannot feasibly be involved. So thus our relationship is a pseudo friendship that has strong flirting and attraction undertones.

We recently decided to catch up for a drink, she is notoriously difficult to pin down, so much so, she is known among my friends as ASBO. There were a series of events that led to this nickname that I may go into another time but largely involve her screwing me around (and her being completely oblivious to this).

Our drink was the first time we have caught up since she royally fucked me over (and not in a good way). I had changed my approach to our relationship to one of increased distance, not surprisingly she responded by attempting to close the gap.

We met at a pub near Warwick Avenue and I had steeled myself to being civil with a dash of frosty. 2 drinks later the plan was down the toilet and I was in love with her again. We have a synergy that is difficult to find in a relationship and it knocks me flat on my ass every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment