The second 'date' with Miss Dame was the following Saturday evening. She was coming along with my friend Moose and I to Wish, a club night once a month in East London. We met Miss Dame at the Bathhouse near Liverpool Street for a preliminary drink.
Miss Dame walked into the Bathhouse, a uber cool cocktail lounge built into an old bath below ground. I introduced her to my friend Moose and noticed her eyes lingered on my friends face. We had a drink and some small talk before walking to Wish which is in the nearby Shoreditch area. Wish, while not strictly Gay/lesbian has a strong cool lesbian crowd. There are plenty 'artsy' and 'alternative' types (just my cup of tea!) to admire. We ordered a pitcher of Sangria to share and chatted. It became clear about half an hour in that I was a third wheel! My date was talking almost exclusively to Moose... Her body was turned away from me, her gaze completely on my friends face, there were the unnecessary touches, and the flirty smiles. My date was practically screaming "I like you" to my friend.... Hmmmmm
I secretly kicked myself. Perhaps introducing a date to my very attractive, single, lesbian friend wasn't my brightest moment. Shortly after realising my error, in a last attempt to rectify my falling odds I utilised my excellent wing man skills and Moose was soon talking to a pretty Rihanna look-alike. Returning dutifully to my date we began talking and dancing again. It improved once again, but I began considering how I felt as the evenings runner up. Suddenly I became less interested. The evening ended in a bust. No one in our trio ended up with a nightcap, and we all looked decidedly dejected.
Fail!
Miss Dame walked into the Bathhouse, a uber cool cocktail lounge built into an old bath below ground. I introduced her to my friend Moose and noticed her eyes lingered on my friends face. We had a drink and some small talk before walking to Wish which is in the nearby Shoreditch area. Wish, while not strictly Gay/lesbian has a strong cool lesbian crowd. There are plenty 'artsy' and 'alternative' types (just my cup of tea!) to admire. We ordered a pitcher of Sangria to share and chatted. It became clear about half an hour in that I was a third wheel! My date was talking almost exclusively to Moose... Her body was turned away from me, her gaze completely on my friends face, there were the unnecessary touches, and the flirty smiles. My date was practically screaming "I like you" to my friend.... Hmmmmm
I secretly kicked myself. Perhaps introducing a date to my very attractive, single, lesbian friend wasn't my brightest moment. Shortly after realising my error, in a last attempt to rectify my falling odds I utilised my excellent wing man skills and Moose was soon talking to a pretty Rihanna look-alike. Returning dutifully to my date we began talking and dancing again. It improved once again, but I began considering how I felt as the evenings runner up. Suddenly I became less interested. The evening ended in a bust. No one in our trio ended up with a nightcap, and we all looked decidedly dejected.
Fail!
No comments:
Post a Comment