Thursday, 6 January 2011

Midweek club crawls with Lady.

I met my very good friend Lady for dinner in Soho, with posh Japanese and cocktails on the menu. She is bi, and after a recent traumatic breakup with her (male) ex, she is keen to re-explore her relationships with women - of course this is something I wholeheartedly support!  At some point during the night we decided that clubbing (midweek) was a good idea, turned out - we were right!


We finished our Bellini's and headed over to the Candy Bar. The candy bar is a lesbian club in Soho which is suitably depressing and kitted out in vulgar bright pink. It's regular patrons are women I would consider 'not exactly my type' but nevertheless, it is open mid week so was worth a shot. We walked in and were faced with a very quiet evening. There were about 15 lesbians there, most of whom were barely legal. Lady and I ordered a white wine and took a seat on the sofas near the cute young couple passing their time by intensely snogging. Turns out candy bar is not a great place to order wine... After brief hit on attempt by a woman barely lucid enough to form her words, we decided it was time to move on. A brisk walk around the corner bought us to the always reliable G-A-Y.

Of course we made a beeline to the smelly basement to the womens' (and their guests) space. The bar always smells, something to do with bad plumbing and it's basement status I think.... G-A-Y was far more interesting, more women, better music and cheaper drinks - a winning combination. There were quit a few lovely ladies for all tastes. The age range was more diverse, although was still toddler heavy.


Neither lady or I could face more bad wine so we transitioned to spirits. We found a spot with a great view of the happenings and goings on and began to chat again. Next to us was a very interesting couple, they were older, perhaps 40-ish, neither were overly attractive. They had burst of energy where they would dance in a manic fashion and then pause and make out much in the fervent fashion of the couple at Candy Bar, and then repeat the process with more furious dancing. At one point they must have become lonely in their pattern as they roped Lady and I into dancing in them. When I say roped, I actually mean dragged kicking and screaming. So awkwardly their duo became a cozy foursome, however the blonde of the duo was insatiable and so she dragged another 2 people in, this time a lovely soft faced gay boy and his rather sexy mohawked butch lesbian friend (who I had been watching as she leaned over the bar to order her drink). I suddenly became less bothered by the spectacle I was involved in, and began talking to the rather sexy lesbian standing next to me

She had the same name as lady (phew! Easy to remember) and worked in the theatre. Her Mohawk was coloured bright red, she wore jeans and a grungy T, with very sexy tan cowboy boots. I liked her style.
We talked & pretended to dance to please Miss Blondie. I flirted outrageously (well, it had been a while due to my brief dalliance in a relationship!!!). She and baby face decided to move on so I gave her my number before she left.

Lady and I stopped at the Ku Bar near Leicester Square briefly before going home. We danced drunkenly amidst the sweaty half naked gay boys. At this point I was feeling rather smug with my interlude with the lovely cowboy booted Miss Mohawk so facilitated Lady's interest in a straight girl. It didn't end in an exchange of numbers, but Lady enjoyed the challenge and definitely received interest from the 'straight' girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment